The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday January 27, 2014 at 17:23
noboost4you
Lurking Member
January 2014
You have certainly taken this way out of context and I'm sorry if my responses bother you.

That is, you said this was TO PROGRAM. Now you say

That is, you don't really know how much the programming was but you are complaining about the programming being too costly. I interpret this as you complaining about the overall cost but not being too interested in knowing why it is what it is -- how could you be, since you don't even have the details?

The $455.57 figure is for the URC programming. How did you misinterpret what I wrote?

"A nice markup." Hmmm. I take it you know the wholesale prices? Or are you comparing with internet pricing, which a)is sketchy and b)does not come with a programmer and c)a programmer might not touch? I saw Panasonic phone systems on line for less than I can buy them. And the comments include "system came incomplete, dealer not responding, factory won't honor warranty." Does that kinda make a markup for an honest deal a bit more palatable?

Let's just say you know the company's wholesale cost and you'd like them to sell it to you at that price. You don't want to pay for the required shipping? You think they pay rent and power and employees with air? What you are calling markup is usually required by EVERY business to stay in business.

More assumptions. Did I say I have internet pricing? I know URC's policies with internet sales. I am not looking to the internet for their product. Pay attention.

You cannot know, and because you won't take the training as it's not offered to you, you will be in the worst situation of ignorance: not knowing that you don't know.

Save some money now, maybe. Know the programming? Complete BS.

In fact, I do know. I now have the CCP software. Please stop acting like only trained professionals who take URC classes can ever know how to figure out this software.

Then become a dealer -- it's even MORE satisfying doing this for a dozen or a hundred people -- and get the PROPER training. Otherwise choose product in the class you're in, which is do it yourself. I hear Harmony works for a lot of DIYers.

Become a dealer because I want to learn about the software myself rather than pay another? You have lost your mind. But I appreciate all the responses; they have been enjoyable to read.

Hosting Services by ipHouse