The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday January 25, 2014 at 23:52
noboost4you
Lurking Member
January 2014
In regards to the Lutron installation cost, it was a combination of 'Technician Labor' and 'Hardware & Materials'. No time was mentioned. Flat fee, I suppose, of $285.00. The rest made up of materials; i.e. the wiring to and from the keypads. At any rate, that's done and in the past. No need to go back to any one company requesting a refund. Just move on and stay away from this particular integrator.

What's "a premium"? To me that would be a $100 product for $120. If you're saying it has a price higher than you want to pay, okay, I understand that.

We'll find out exactly as I'm having other local dealers quote me on the hardware. But based on other items quoted, they've added a nice markup.

Life would not then be golden, as you'd have to figure out how to use the software. While its basic use is not all that difficult, working out the macros to be as fast as possible, as efficient as possible, and as convenient and sensible as possible, are all skill gained by factory training and repetitive programming of remotes. And as an end user you won't have factory help available as they are ther to lend help to those who will program many remote systems, but not those who will only program one remote system.

Unless the software is in a foreign language, I bet it will be a nice learning curve. Save $450+, know the programming inside and out, and be able to modify the system as new components are added or taken away. Would hate to have bring the installer back when changes have been made to the system. It may not run correctly in the time a professional could do it, but I'm not working on any deadline. Perfection can wait as the satisfaction of doing it myself is worth more.

Hosting Services by ipHouse