The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 24, 2014 at 21:01
noboost4you
Lurking Member
January 2014
We just finished our home theater and neatly tucked away all the components behind some drywall. Our integrator is suggesting URC's MSC-400 and MX-980, but at a premium. In addition to the equipment, they want $455.57 to program aforementioned equipment from URC. For the price of the programming, I could pick up the Harmony 900 and do it myself. I typically would go ahead with the integrator, but the last time we had them out to install a Lutron control panel, they sent a rookie who spent the entire time on the phone with Customer Support and still charged us $330.60 for labor. When it was completed, the installer said I could have done this as apparently he learned how to do it that day, too. This put a sour taste in my mouth and would like to avoid another dealer-only item.

I simply need the RF remote to control the AVR, projector, BD player, STB, Lutron panel and possibly another amplifier and/or processor. I don't need over-the-top programming ability. Macros needed for 'Lights On', 'Lights Dim', Lights Off', 'Watch Movie', 'Watch TV', 'Listen to Music', etc. Will the Harmony 900 fit the bill or do I need to foot the bill for the URC equipment? (If only I had the software for the MSC-400 and MX-980, life would be golden.)

TIA.

Regards,
Bryan

Hosting Services by ipHouse