Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 22, 2013 at 15:17
OTAHD
October 2005
I'm in Amherst (Sheridan/NF Blvd area) and I can get quite a few of the Toronto stations with a CM4228 mounted in my attic, no preamp. I can get CICA (TVO), CBLT (CBC), CBLFT (CBC French), CITS (Crossroads - Hamilton), and CIII (Global). Some of them depend on the day but can get most pretty reliably.

With a good 8-bay like the 4228 mounted outdoors, you should be able to get all of those from Cheektowaga, if not more. Adding a preamp will probably help with weak channels too. I'm going to move mine outdoors in the spring (just moved and don't feel like doing it in this weather), hoping to grab a few more.

CFTO (CTV) is difficult to get with the 4228. A VHF antenna would probably get it. I can occasionally see it, but never get enough signal to make it watchable. I do, however, pick up WBBZ on 7-1 with the 4228. Although I get that through Fios too, so don't typically watch it through there, as right now I don't have a rotor and keep the antenna pointed at the CN tower.

CHCH is now impossible to receive, at least from Amherst, as there's a low power repeater of WNYB on channel 15 on Grand Island. Considering that's right between me and Hamilton, I have no hopes of receiving that anymore. Used to be able to get that off-and-on using the 4228 on VHF 11.

Unfortunately, "better" antennas are those with higher gain, and higher gain typically means bigger in size. However, a bowtie antenna is a lot smaller than a Yagi, and can be hidden easier (although for the best reception, you want to elevate it above all obstacles, which makes it pretty easy to see.
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse