The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday December 20, 2013 at 03:20
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
You're doing great with 18 channels and getting great advice.

In Welland I'm getting 29 [that's counting the subs] with an omni/multi directional pie-plate that doesn't rotate, Ernie's point is probably why WNED doesn't show up on my outdoor, yet comes in at 64-81% strength on the indoor, probably needs an attenuator to suppress UHF 43 but I don't worry about it. (the inline amp is a tiny thing, about 2x2x2inches)

As stated before, my reception of WBBZ is dependant on Mother Nature's whims, ION once in a blue moon but on occasion I can pickup Rochester, Erie PA and once last year on a very hot day Columbus Ohio.
Adding spars for VHF high would get you WBBZ and some others but CFTO is disturbingly low powered and currently I can't pick it up (VHF9), but now can receive CHCH and don't care.

As I do, if you really miss the pay-tv stuff {eg.Game of Thrones} you can download/stream with a really good internet connection.
PM me for links if you have to but Google/Yahoo are your friends, remember, link sites are just links....file hosts are separate.

If you're savy, you can build your own OTA DVR.
My capture cards even have a time-shift, if I'm cooking or have to go to the bathroom, I hit the pause button once to start it [then roll back] or with a second hit of the pause button, still frame it and pick up where I left off.

Last edited by Bruce H.Campbell on December 20, 2013 03:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse