The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday September 4, 2013 at 10:19
bizwiz41
Long Time Member
February 2010
I saw this thread, and felt I had to add my thoughts. I love the "user friendly" aspects of the Harmony remotes, but..the quality is terrible. I started with the 659, and then moved on to the 880s and 890s.

The 659 is now dead, the 880s/890s (five in the household) have all required repair, from tilt sensors to dead keys to IR transmitters, on and on. For this reason I have not moved onto any of the newer models. It seems the quality degraded further with the later models. In contrast, the Comcast and Atlas remotes have been sat on, chewed by dogs, thrown across the room, etc. and I've never had to open one up for repair!

You are not alone, I am a member on the Harmony forum, and I see these complaints every day. It seems the newer the model, the more the issues. Also, the new software appears to be a downgrade as well. It does not allow some of the creativity and flexibility of the older software.

I personally have a problem when one of the kids states the "volume doesn't work anymore" on a remote that costs hundreds of dollars, and they go back to the cable box remote that was free!

So now, I currently have set up the Xfinity remotes for the family to use for watching TV in all the rooms. I'm delegating the harmony remotes to the "other activities" when the family wants to do something else.

In summary, we can all move to the URC remotes, or hope that the new owners of the harmony line can improve the quality.

Hosting Services by ipHouse