Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday September 1, 2013 at 11:11
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
As you guys point out, the TV is going to be a logistical nightmare to deal with.  I'll have the liability of damage when moving, storing and shipping unless I hire all this out but I don't know if I'm really going to find anyone else willing to do it either.  I don't think your run of the mill moving company would touch it.

It's a single story home with easy paths out the front door, so I think the TV could be placed on dollies and maybe even removed with a lift.

This is a second home for the client and it's getting a light remodel.  Structurally it's staying the same except for moving some walls and doors, but almost all the interior finished are being replaced so damage to walls, floors, ceilings isn't a concern.  I'll actually be doing a significant retrofit wiring job that will require lots of holes anyway.

The clients is based in NY and won't really be around for 6-9 months during the remodel so they don't have any time or desire to do anything with the old equipment themselves.  We spoke yesterday and I think they are going to give the Watt Puppys to the home's previous owner as a gift for helping them sort out some details with the house after purchase.

The only reason I'm considering this is I think there is a minimum of $20-$30k equipment (used value), and I'll probably ask for 30% so I think it can be worth my time.  The previous owner even kept boxes for most of the electronics which will make packing & shipping easier.

I need to get back over for a full inventory this week.  I've only been onsite twice and both times where for meetings that included the clients, designer, architects, builders, etc. so I wasn't really able to gather much information.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse