The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday August 8, 2007 at 20:12
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
There is a Big Box store announcement coming which will support HD-DVD and the tables will begin to tilt back the other way.

can we wait for actual announcements? Toshiba reps and other BS spreaders had told us in 2005 to wait about the big announcement on for the date the first player will ship latter that year, not to mention that they would add HD DVD45. At CES 2006 we were told to wait about the big announcements when Sanyo will start shipping a player, the Chinese HD DVD players will start shipping and when HD DVD 45 will come out. At CES 2007 and after we have been hearing about the big announcements from cheap Chinese manufacturers, fro 51GB HD DVD to be added to the spec.....

The more time passes the more big announcements we should be waiting for and they never seam to come.

Also, I have a client/friend who owns both and admits that the PQ (on his Ken Whitcomb calibrated Runco FP) is indistinguishable on most films which have been released in both formats.

considering Warner has decide to use the exact same encoding and they released most of the dual runs, obviously on most titles on both the PQ is the same. The BDs are gimped to HD DVD specs.

He notes that the real-time chapter navigation, menu access, etc. with the film running are VASTLY superior on HD-DVD, and that the Java implementation which was supposed to be BDs answer has been a flop so far...

Now every BD movie (where I forgot to switch to lossless before it started or when I had a few extra minutes at the end and decided to see what extras are ther to swatch bloopers or deleted scenes) has had in movie menu access as well as in movie real time scene selection.

Even though I don’t feel like getting into it at which is better, can you answer me this. When you sit down to watch a movie how much time do you spend during the movie in the menu and do you tend to sit down and watch the movie or do you randomly mix up the chapters because it is more interesting that way.

Hosting Services by ipHouse