The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Monday August 6, 2007 at 20:57
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Gee Anthony, what format are you in favor of?

All I want is high quality movies. I am also in favour of the truth and facts so it is annoying when I see people post BS on purpose to con others.

"Perfect" simply means without the signal loss caused by making analog copies of analog video. The copy of a copy of a copy is worse than the original. With digital the copy of a copy of a copy is still the same.

if that is what you meant then I missed what you meant by perfect, on the other hand it makes absolutely no sense with the rest of the paragraph

It doesn't matter if there are 100k HD-DVD players out there or 300k HD-DVD players out there. The number is still large enough to justify having a HD-DVD copy of new releases made, just like the producers of "300" did.

no it is not, just think of this, do you think more then 1M VHS players have been sold? Why have studios stopped releasing on VHS? Do you realise that way more then 1M Beta players were sold and that did not help it against VHS back in the day. The 100k or 300k or even if you want over 10M or 100M (like VHS) is only relevent if none of those people that bought HD DVD (or Beta or LD or VHS) also bought an alternative format and only if they refuse to buy movies not released in any other format.

Yes, BluRay movies are selling faster than HD-DVD movies, but only because not every studio is producing all titles on both formats.

that makes 0 sense. Every dual format movie has sold more on BD then HD DVD. The reason BD outsells HD DVD in movies each and every weak is simply that there are more BD players and a larger market. How can you blame studio releases when a week when 0 new BDs came out it beat HD DVD 60:40? That shows that unless there is an incredible jump in HD DVD players out there (like 4-5x what ity is now in a matter of a few weeks) HD DVD does not have a chance to come close to matching BD.

My point? The HD-DVD/BluRay folks have created a whole new market for media shelving by simply changing one dimension of the HD media case.

I think it was for two reasons

1) to help differentiate the movies more ( Two of the stores I use have the DVD/BD and HD DVD new releases together, I can see the new BDs walking right in for the most part)

2) I am guessing smaller casses= less plastic= a bit cheaper

You don't have to agree, Anthony. I think I know where you stand. ;-)

I agree, if someone made shelving for the exact size of DVDs that they will need to buy new shelves :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse