Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday June 1, 2013 at 00:19
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On May 31, 2013 at 22:07, nhwa said...
Ok. After years of reading these posts I feel compelled to reply. I am the homeowner that URC targets. I make 500k+ a year. I like home automation. I have 5 URC remotes and my remotes were purchased through a URC dealer. Now, I am so sick and tired of reading posts by goldenzrule that I am ready to dump my controls and go to something else.

Is there no prescreening at URC for installers? Every post by goldenzrule is negative and slams posters. Here is a tip. Google brings ups posts. Everyone searches before they commit to a product. If I were looking from the beginning again and I saw all of the posts by goldenzrule, I would think that URC lacks committment to professional installers and I would look elsewhere.

I'm sorry you feel that way Doctor. I think you have to understand my views on URC and URC's policies before judging me based on some posts.

For starters, it is the policy of this forum to not ask for software. Many people ignore this, many people just don't realize the policy. The guys that get nasty cause we won't simply hand the software over are the ones I might get a bit snide with.

URC's policy, IMHO is quite poor. Yes, they used to provide software and now they do not. The problem is they do not make it clear on the box or on their site without a bunch of digging. It should be crystal clear on every box and front page of the site. With that said, I personally do not mind DIYers having the software. They are not my clients by choice as they wish to tackle their system themself. Fine with me. If they get in a bind and want to hire me, I'm happy to help. Here is another flaw in URCs policy. They leave it up to a dealer if they want to distribute the software. The support responsibility falls on that dealer. Most of us are small shops that do not have the resources to do this. The client does not know all this, so we end up looking bad if we say no (I've only been asked once for the software)

And as far as my "negativity", sorry it comes off that way. I get quite a few private messages from guys asking for help, so they must be reading into it differently. I've helped fix small bugs in programming to completely programming D/A system and remotes via email and PM. I did this to help people out of a bind that theyvgot stuck in a loop with no end in site to remedy their issues. I didn't charge, just helped out some guys who were nice and respectful. So I can't be ALL bad as you portray. So, Doc in the end, do what you wish with your remotes and your system, that's your choice. If you base what you wish to control your system based on my words alone, well I guess good or bad I have more power than I thought.

Hosting Services by ipHouse