Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday May 25, 2013 at 09:30
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On May 25, 2013 at 05:59, Grit said...
I'm confused now about the MRX-1.

Is it possible to use the MRX-1 with a by adding an RFX-250 so it receives commands from an IR-based remote, such as the MX-890, MX-880, etc.? In which case, the MRX-1 will work just like an MRF-350?

And if THAT is possible, can you connect the MRX-1 via ethernet, and then use the MX-890 to control a device via IP (such as a Tivo) that is on the same network?

I had hoped I could use the MRX-1 this way, but I read/misread that it ONLY works as part of the MRX-10/Total Control system...

the mrx1 acts just like an mrf350 when you plug in an rfx250.  At that point it can control ir devices via rf from any rf capable urc remote.

the only urc CCP remotes that can take advantage of the RS232, voltage sensors, and relay on the mrx1, is the mx5000, mx6000, kp4000, and mx-ios app.

These remotes send the rs232/voltage/relay data over wifi/ethernet back and forth with the mrx1's ethernet port. 

Since the mx890 doesn't have wifi, it cant do ip control or the rs232/voltage/relay stuff with the mrx1.

the ip control with the mx5000,mx6000,and kp4000 actually happens right on the remote.  You dont even need an mrx1 for ip control with those remotes.  The mx-ios app needs the mrx1 for all control though, since that is where the license code gets programmed.

hope that clears up the capability of an mrx1
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse