The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Friday August 3, 2007 at 20:53
DBrown
Founding Member
February 2002
I'm about to give up and go looking for a HD VCR. Anyone know where I can rent or buy HD VHS movies? Oh wait, my Vista media center PC records HDTV shows. Anyone know where I can download current releases in HD? On a third thought, I might buy an HD Video camera. What media do those use, and can I buy/rent movies on THAT media? On a fourth thought, I'm sure I've seen some web sites offering portable HD PVRs you can carry around with HD content, and will output that content to your HDTV somehow.

My point? I think it's best for the industry to offer all content in all formats. If it's digital, it's not hard to make perfect copies to multiple media formats at the same time. Even if HD-DVD is "behind", there are still enough already sold to make for a viable market for media producers. Yes, it's irritating that there are two formats that are so close in features that the market gets confused about them. How about all future players agreeing to make their decks read both formats with all features of each format fully enabled? Oh yea, and sell these decks everywhere for about $99.

Hosting Services by ipHouse