The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 19:47
Diamond Dog
Long Time Member
May 2003
Right now I have my MX-900 controlling a kitchen TV and MX-980 controlling my family room TV and the regular DirectTV remote controlling the bedroom TV. All of these TV's have a separate Sat Box.

Apparently DirectTV has this new "Genie" thing which let's me control all of my TV's with a single "box" with smaller Genie modules by each TV? Or do you have just 1 main box and 1 Genie box for up to 4 TV's?

I am guessing that the remotes will control by using RF to the central box instead of IR?

So I am guessing I would put the main box in the family room and that could still be controlled by IR via my MX-980, the kitchen would get a Genie and the MX-900 would RF a signal to a MRF-250 to control it by IR and the bedroom would use the standard RF DirectTV Remote.

Is this accurate? OR can each Genie accept IR input at each location? This would make the changeover easy.

What is the range of the RF on the MX-900 and MX-980?

If I missed something here, please correct me. Not really understanding this Genie thing correctly and the people at DirecTv are not that great at explaining it.

Last edited by Diamond Dog on March 26, 2013 20:05.

Hosting Services by ipHouse