The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday March 26, 2013 at 13:56
es114
Long Time Member
October 2004
Goldenzrule really helped me out. Seems like I and many others had trouble programming the on/oof power buttons. I researched the forum and tried to understand the process but couldn't get it. So now that it's solved here goes on another explanation:
1) Macros for the power on/off buttons must be done in a device. (read that several times but it bears repeating).
2) When you choose the device for the new power button (on/off) macro and land in that device, when asked for a button to program, choose the power button (either on or off) and create the macro.
3) If it's the off button, for example, go to each device (by pressing the main button) and choose the off key with each device. Make the last selection back to your preferred landing page.
4) Test the macro and save.
5) Copy and paste using the "power off only" selection. And paste to all devices.
6) The power off button will now turn of all devices no matter which device you are operating in without the need to press main first.
7) I did the same as above for power on as I prefer that set up.

This all may seem like grade school stuff for most of you but it took me 2 weeks and the kindness of goldenzrule to set me straight.

Thanks,

Eric

Hosting Services by ipHouse