Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday February 28, 2013 at 01:32
SportsFan
Long Time Member
January 2012
Thanks.

It's about due for an upgrade. Like I had mentioned before, the TVs are very dated. Look at the thick bezels. Uhg!

The projector and screen are fairly new, though. We got them in 2010.

The screen drops right in front of the TVs and cabinetry and stops just above the center speaker.

We wanted to have the screen retract from inside the ceiling, but unfortunately, there is a support beam that runs perpendicular. So, we ended up getting a Stewart Filmscreen Cabaret - it was the most aesthetically pleasing retractable screen case available, in our opinion (had to please the wifey).

The projector is mounted on the ceiling above a pool table and sticks out like a sore thumb. Eventually, we want to build an enclosure to house it in to make it look a bit neater.

I was thinking of putting it inside a giant scoreboard, like the ones you see in a sports arena, to go with the sports theme we have in the room. It's kind of funny, because after browsing the internet a couple years ago to look for some ideas on how to go about fabricating a scoreboard enclosure, I ran into this...

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/hockey_themed_theater_serves_up_jumbo_fun/

It's exactly what I had envisioned. Soooooooo awesome!

One day, I'm gonna have a scoreboard above the pool table that's gonna look just as cool.

Hosting Services by ipHouse