The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 66 made on Sunday February 17, 2013 at 20:19
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
On February 17, 2013 at 20:13, punter16 said...
Speaking for myself, I have no disdian and vitriol for actual clients. I love my customers. What is a complete pain in the ass is:

1) People (I won't call them clients) who offer to buy a URC remote for the lowest price they can find anywhere on the Internet and then want me to throw in the software. If you want that price, go buy it from Ebay Internet guy.

2) The liars on here that keep asking for the software claiming that their dealer won't "call them back". In actuality, they bought it from Ebay guy, previously noted above.

People have been dealing with #1 and #2 on this site for years, hence the tone you may have picked up. if you're not #1 or #2, many dealers, myself included, would be happy to sell you the remote at MSRP and support you with a copy of the software. Talk to a dealer and see what happens.

Well said. Always #1 and #2. If you're not willing to pay MSRP for a URC remote, Harmony is available. If you buy on eBay and expect free software, you deserve any "disdain and vitriol" you get because you're a cheap bastard.

My "clients" don't find me through remote central. They're professionals who don't have the time to self-program their own remote and pay for our full solution.

Their are solutions out there for people who want to program their own remote. If you don't like those solutions, then you can pay MSRP from a dealer and get the software.

Hosting Services by ipHouse