Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 6, 2013 at 07:45
ptruman
Lurking Member
December 2008
Hi all

I came home the other day to find my wife complaining the remote (our RU990) was misbehaving.

Basically, it has the "white screen of doom" that I've seen mentioned here. It powers up, double beeps, and the screen is just white - although it responds to the touches where the buttons are, and still emits IR/RF as it should.

Anyway, I've acquired a Marantz RC9500 and switched the CCF over to that, and everything works - but that means I now have :

a) A boxed (with CD/manuals/charger & dock) RU990 (latest firmware - reset to factory default CCF)

b) A boxed SBC LI900 RF Extender (with charger and all IR leads)

The RU990 has suffered a few scratches on the sides of the body - but the screen and battery door are unmarked. It would need a new battery though, as I'd not long replaced it and I'll keep that for the Marantz (as they are the same).

I'm not sure if anyone has successfully carried out a DIY repair on an RU990 with this fault, but the £210 replacement PCB I found on the net was (methinks) a tad overpriced.....so if anyone is interested in it for spares/repair - let me know/make me an offer. [EDIT : It's in the UK!]

(I'm happy to split the RF extender out)

Hosting Services by ipHouse