The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday January 24, 2013 at 18:56
mfcwd825
Lurking Member
January 2013
Yes, I am following the instructions on the screen. I first tried to select the correct code set for the TV. There were pages and pages of code sets listed and more than half of them turned the TV off and on. So, I decided to try something a little more simple and went to my X-Box. It only had 3 codes that worked the power button. None of the three seemed to act like I thought they would when I went through the "test" procedure. Searching the forum I found that others had asked for help to narrow down the code sets as some people are able to easily cross reference model numbers with code sets. I'm not trying to get out of work. If what I asked for involved a lot of work for someone, then I apologize. It just seems silly to try 20 code sets that partially work. I don't have a problem having the new remote learn all of the buttons off the original remotes, but I thought that it would be better if I could find the correct code set so that I would have discrete on and off codes. Years ago a lot of very nice people on this forum helped me program a Pronto. I'm hoping some of you are still out there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse