The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday December 21, 2012 at 21:30
jason_la
Lurking Member
December 2012
Thanks Greg, no offense taken...yeah I'm quickly finding that out. :-) Any kind words of wisdom for a new comer to the field? It's interesting they aren't very receptive to younger companies willing to give them focus, versus being the 3rd or 4th tool in the box for any given project. I completely understand protecting the brand though.

I'm no stranger to technology, and to be honest my customers are pushing me in this direction. I've always been intrigued by automating and designing systems. Learning product lines and integrating aren't new to me. My goal is to build a small team of pros I can trust to do the work, contract at first, and then full time as we ramp up. I don't do things "half way" though, so if I can't find any skilled talent locally, I'm either going to look farther out or outsource the more skilled tasks we don't handle ourselves. If I can't wow my customers then we'll pass on the job until we can. That's the way it should be in my opinion, but you'll always have those guys who you come behind and see their mess for what it is....crap. We want to do respectable work, and reading and learning from the experiences of you guys here has been a real pleasure.

Thanks for the response!
Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse