Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 16, 2012 at 14:59
NeilFellows
Lurking Member
December 2012
Hi,

I've purchased an old SRC-2010 remote (also called Proton SRC2010) and having issues connecting it to my PC using the supplied SLC-2081 data cable.

I'm using an Aten USB to Serial (RS-232) converter as I don't have a serial port on my PC. I'm using Windows 7. The driver for the converter has been installed successfully and configured as Com Port 1 in the Device Manager.

The RemoteComm software off Sun-Wave website has been downloaded and installed, and also configured to Com Port 1.

Problem is, the RemoteComm software simply can't see the remote when connected. I think the problem lies in requiring drivers for the SLC-2081 data cable? When the data cable is connected to the PC, no 'new hardware' wizard starts (which I assumed would?). Furthermore no hardware wizard kicks in if I attach the remote to the data cable either.

Can anyone shed any light on how they got their PC communicating with this remote please? Doesn't help I'm using Windows 7. I know it's and old remote but suits my needs perfectly and it's a shame I can't programe via the PC.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

Hosting Services by ipHouse