The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday December 8, 2012 at 14:42
Scott
Founding Member
July 2001
First, as a long time customer of URC and fan, you may want to see if they will "service" the remote.

I have 3 MX-500's and swear by them, but after a drop or two, the backlight on all 3 of them at one point or another stopped working, well after the warantee period.

They have fixed all three I think, and one of them sent a replacement.

That being said, if you cant "repair" it or just want a new one, yes, I think getting another MX-850 may be a good choice.

I also have a Harmony-One, and it is not RF, but I think they have an RF equivalent, and they too are very easy to program. Although, not as macro friendly as the URC remotes, the activity based programming of the Harmonies, does almost everything I wanted, like turning things on discretely, switching to all needed inputs, and pressng buttons automatically that you want, after your devices are on. It also has the nice feature when swtiching activities, of turning off any devices you do not need for the next activity.

The Help feature is very nice too, if something does not go on correctly or swtich to the proper input, you hit the help button and it turn on and switches everthing again until it is working properly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse