The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday December 1, 2012 at 14:43
jwfrankman
Lurking Member
November 2012
OK, so I'm getting the gist that no one knows of a Smart Hub Netflix discrete code. :) I have some other questions, though...

I'm still shopping for a remote. I keep flopping back and forth between the URC R40 and Harmony One, but I'm leaning toward the R40 due to customizability and flexibility. I don't need RF, so unless the spendier models fit my situation in other ways, I can rule them out.

I've been doing some research on using discrete codes: is either of the above remotes able to use these discrete hex codes on its own, or, as I've read, would I need to first purchase a cheap "jp1" remote (One For All?) to program a discrete code and have my chosen remote manually learn the code from the jp1 remote?

Other than that, since no one seems to know a discrete code for the Netflix question, I would assume a macro would just include a Smart Hub command, then 2 right cursors to select Netflix (among other component switches). Although since I've never owned a remote capable of macros (I've always had at least 4 remotes lying everywhere), I can only make assumptions, but is this basically how a macro would function? And would either of these remotes perform better than the other in this case?

Hosting Services by ipHouse