The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 19, 2012 at 08:26
truetypezk
Lurking Member
November 2012
Hi I just started playing with Crestron system recently after picking up a set of AV2 pretty much for free from a local recycling company ($50 bucks with 4 touch screens and some accessories, what a steal.) After begging around for softwares and firmwares, I have just completed the first version of my program. Everything works perfectly except I cannot control those devices with only IR interface as unfortunately an IR learner is not included in the $50 package.

I was using an extron MLC to meet some basic needs and that little wonderful thing comes with a built-in IR receiver for me to learn from remotes into their .eir files. I wonder whether there is a way for me to decode/convert those eir files into crestron IR files so that I can save another $100-$150 getting an original Crestron IR learner.

Alternatively, is there any other walkarounds like using a standard USB-IR receiver/cheaper crestron compatible learners (I think I saw one that is compatible for both crestron and AMX but it also costs more than $100). The pronto choice also seems to be costly. Any info/help is greatly appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse