Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 73 made on Saturday November 10, 2012 at 12:56
Mitch57
June 2003
It does look like they've made an improvement to the latency issue on the latest update. Or should I say updates? There was another CCP update yesterday.

However, they still don't have it completely fixed. There is still some slight latency between button presses and the devices receiving the command.

I also have an MX-900 with the same configuration and it's twice as fast when executing commands compared to the 980. There is zero latency between pushing the button and the device receiving the command. The 900 responds just as fast as the original remotes do. Regardless if it's set to IR, RF or IR/RF.

I have no idea why the 980, which has far more processing power, has such an issue with latency as compared to a less powerful remote.

I'm surprised there aren't more CIs complaining about this issue. Maybe it's isolated to a specific batch of remotes and not every 980 is experiencing this issue. If this is the case I'm pretty confident that URC would never admit to it.

musictoo,

If you have any MX-900s around you should compare the two side by side and you can witness how much faster the 900 is then the 980. Or, on the other hand, maybe you shouldn't compare them. It will only renew your frustration again. :(

Hosting Services by ipHouse