The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 9, 2012 at 16:02
eric698
Lurking Member
October 2012
I recently purchased a Sony ste698 A/V receiver that did not come with a remote. I use it only as an audio receiver for my computer to play movies and music. Everything works great, except that the receiver is not close to my PC. Usually I can control the volume with software. But when the audio goes into SPDIF pass-thru mode for DTS or Dolby, the only way to control the volume is with the receiver. This is a problem when it's 1am and the receiver blasts at full volume. By the time I can get to the receiver, everyone in the house is awake.

So I need a remote. I need it for a single function, to control the volume on my ste698 receiver. Seems easy enough, I have 6 universal remotes lying around the house. None of them work for any A/V receivers. So I go online to look for the original remote and it's 59.99

Generally I'm not a cheap person, but I'm not going to pay $60 to control the volume on my receiver. I'm thinking more like $10. If I had any other need for the remote control, I'd get a good one, but I don't. The only thing I will use it for is as described, nothing else. So my actual problem is that I can't seem to find a cheap remote that is compatible with the ste698.

Any suggestions?

And BTW, I already changed the mode to AV1.

Hosting Services by ipHouse