Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 8, 2012 at 12:55
Josh Grisham
Lurking Member
October 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking for a relatively "easy to use" simple remote to keep in the bedroom that will work with my existing MRF-350 and RFX-250 antenna. I'm already using an MX-850 in the "home theater" type room.

In this setup I have an existing HDMI switch going in to an Onkyo 7.1 receiver, and out from Onkyo to a 65" LCD.

I ran HDMI to a wall-mounted plasma in the bedroom and want to be able to control at least a few of the components from the bedroom as well as IR direct to the TV for power on/off and volume. Mainly I want to be able to control the FIOS STB (Motorola QIP-6416 I believe) but other components would be nice. So that I can have multiple inputs and output to both the theater TV and the bedroom, I'll probably be picking up an HDMI matrix switcher like this: [Link: monoprice.com] -- it has an IR sensor so at a minimum I can teach the MX-850 the codes and it should work out ok I think.

Also I would like to stay relatively cheap if possible ... like well under $100 if possible :)

Anyone have recommendations for a simple URC IR+RF remote that will work with my existing base that could solve this purpose?

Right now I'm actually looking into like the RF-10 / RF-20 to see if it would work (still not sure) but would actually prefer something much more simple if possible (e.g. like the old MX-200 but could do IR+RF with the MRF-350). It would be great if I could program it using MX Editor software like I already do my MX-850 but that is not 100% required :)

Any leads would be appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse