The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday August 9, 2012 at 23:04
ez1putt
Lurking Member
August 2012
I would love to hear from anyone on where the URC website details that software is not provided for the model MX-880 and only the authorized retailer can program it. I don't see it explicitly stated on the product page: [Link: universalremote.com]

There are a couple references in the user guide to highly recommending the programming by a trained installer. Good with that, but don't see it mandated. In fact, i don't see anything easily called out on the URC website that would indicate no software is included. Even more comical is the USA limited warranty for this model which states: "It is your responsibility to backup any macro programming, artwork, software or other materials that may have been programmed to your unit." How exactly am I supposed to do that without the software? Warranty also states any software is provided "as is", further implying it is indeed included.

[Link: universalremote.com]

I'm not sure what further research I could have done on their site that would have explicitly stated it is not provided with the purchase.

I'll call them in the morning for what I'm sure will be a humorous discussion.

Hosting Services by ipHouse