The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday July 10, 2012 at 10:30
nola000
Lurking Member
July 2012
On July 9, 2012 at 21:13, TRCGroup said...
I think you should stick with the Harmony. I'm sure URC and their "Apple-like protectionist policies" would not be a very good fit for you.

Dont get me wrong here, I think URC is a great company that makes outstanding products. I just wish they had a line of remotes that was at least half way as good as their CI line targeted to the DIY or end-user. Their "residential" or consumer line of remotes are lame at best. If they are afraid of damaging their brand then they should setup a subsidary company to market and sell to consumers instead of being held hostage by dealers. Like I said, this horse has been beaten. Moving on...

So what do you think of the Nevos(Q50/S70) vs. Logitech's Harmony One? Up to this point Ive only looked at the URCs and the Logitechs. I read that RTI, AMX and Crestron have the same software policies as URC.

Are there any other manufacturers of high-end fully customizable universal remotes that make the software available to the owners of the remotes besides Logitech and Nevo? Are you sure Nevo(Q50/S70) provides the SW because Im on their website and I dont see it.

Also, the S70 which is wifi capable operates at a 868mHz bandwidth for Europe. Is this product not for the US domestic market?

Hosting Services by ipHouse