The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday July 9, 2012 at 14:19
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
Thanks again for all the followups. I'm using all sleeved IR emitters on ports 7+

There is zero IR interference detected by either RF receiver when I am not pressing buttons on the remote. The RF light doesn't flicker even a tiny bit. When sending RF it blinks as one would expect and then the tiny residual flicker fades away.

It's possible (I suppose) that my MX-980 is damaged and not stopping the transmission immediately.

I described the lag situation fully in my first post. Using traditional relaying is extremely laggy. That is, sending IR data over RF. I wasn't planning on doing that at all, but tested it just to confirm.

In documenting the issues I first mentioned, I tried to be as specific as possible. With regards to the noise/interference over serial, it's possible this won't be heard on another pre-processor and that mine is also badly constructed to as not to filter out noise introduced on its serial port. That will be getting replaced later this year so it's not of huge concern right now.

But the extra Pioneer codes transmitted when an activity is set to IR+RF is bizarre to say the least. I don't have any equipment in this room nor added to the MX-980 using Pioneer formatted signals.

Sending only triggers to the MSC-400 for single IR commands is also laggy. But let me put it into context. It's relatively quick, but compared to straight IR, the responsiveness isn't even close. I'll do more testing with the IR output levels, but even though I would expect the performance to be a lot better, I'm not being unrealistic and I fully expect that a trigger would not be as responsive as native IR. There's simply more work happening and it's always going to take longer. The goal however is that the extra amount of work should not produce a perceptible difference.

Currently, with triggers, operating the SageTV extender's skip commands (short and long skips) it's easy to notice the delay in starting the operation, plus if holding down the button and letting go, there's a delay before the operation stops. Not a pleasant experience.

Also, is everyone else saying they don't see the issues with repeats I've mentioned? Is it just that your equipment doesn't show that the repeats aren't correct or have you verified (scope) the output of the MX-980? I've scoped out the IR coming from the MX-980, so I know exactly what it's transmitting, base code (one-time) and repeats (dittos, sustains). The settings in the current version of CCP most definitely do not work. I'd seen this mentioned before on the forum but was under the impression it had been fixed.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse