Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday July 8, 2012 at 12:07
kgossen
March 2008
On July 8, 2012 at 11:36, Duct Tape said...
|
|

you send triggers for single IR commands?  that sounds like it would be laggy, and take longer to program.  I've never tried it like that.  I've always just routed single ir commands to the appropriate ir port and just used triggers for macros.

rs232 commands are obviously a different story, as all these commands must be smart macro triggers.

Yes. I find it works much better as I'm only sending the trigger. Zero lag, does take a little longer to program but it's only a few extra minutes per remote. Always done it this way and don't have any issues. That 7000 sq ft house has 2-MSC-400's, 9-MX900's and a MX980 controlling 12 TV's and a projector with 4 cable boxes and 6 satellite receivers. For 9 of the TV's we had to use the ir out of the remote for turning them on but everything else is a trigger. Haven't had a single issue in over 2 years and even from the top floor controlling the receivers is instant.

With sending an IR over RF it's a longer command. The triggers are short and fast. When I took the training with Jeff years ago this is what he had suggested and have been doing it ever since. If we had wired the house all the TV's would have been controlled from the MSC's but in this case we couldn't as the original installers didn't run the proper cable.

Last edited by kgossen on July 8, 2012 12:15.
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse