The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday July 8, 2012 at 11:36
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On July 8, 2012 at 11:26, kgossen said...
Have used quite a few MSC-400 and found none of your issues. I have a SageTV setup and find zero lag on transport controls. Are you sending the IR from the remote to the MSC-400 or doing it the proper way and just sending a Trigger? Your SageTV device should be in the MSC and NOT the 980. Then you drag the triggers form the MSC to the buttons on the 980. I never put any IR codes onto the remote unless they're absolutely needed.

The position of the 980 should have zero effect on reception. I have a customers 4 story 7000 sq ft house using 1 antenna on 3 floors with zero issues. The only codes in any remote are for the TV and everything else is a trigger.

I wonder if the residual RF you speak of is interference? A 15 x 13 room is small, at my house I had 1 antenna for the entire house with no issues.

you send triggers for single IR commands?  that sounds like it would be laggy, and take longer to program.  I've never tried it like that.  I've always just routed single ir commands to the appropriate ir port and just used triggers for macros.

rs232 commands are obviously a different story, as all these commands must be smart macro triggers.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse