The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,001 made on Thursday April 5, 2012 at 12:02
el gran chico
Long Time Member
November 2007
Check CBC 5-1 on any Thursday between 11am and 2pm (when on DST, 10am to 1pm when on standard time) and the program info may suddenly appear.

I just checked and it did for me on my RCA DTA800 (my others tuners are fine 24x7). If it doesn't, I think it is still possible that there is a 2nd problem.

The technical explanation is that CBC uses PIDs 0x1000 to 0x1037 for event information tables in its PSIP. The firmware on some tuners expect EIT-0 to be in the lowest PID (0x1000 in our case) which happens each Thursday from 15:00 to 18:00 UTC. EIT-0 rotates through the PIDs every 3 hours.

You may also want to check WUTV Fox 29-1. It does something similar, but because it sends less guide data, it rotates back to the lowest PID much faster (a 36 hour cycle vs. CBC's 7 day cycle). WUTV 29-1 will next be in the "right" position Friday, April 6 8pm to 11pm, then Sunday, April 8, 8am to 11pm and so on every 36 hours.

From what I can tell, this is legal ATSC, just that very few stations implement it this way (I guess since some tuners choke on it).

Hosting Services by ipHouse