Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday April 7, 1999 at 08:11
Carl Chapman
Historic Forum Post
I don't agree with you at ALL on any of your points.

1.) Asking why someone uses the net and isn't not concerned about a virus or "spying" does not obviate the "Big Brother" relationship of DIVX central.

2.) It would be hard to explain the cinematic difference between Pan & Scan and 1:1.85 or 1:2.35 to someone who can't see the difference.

3.) Extra features, like pc friendly disks, trailers, bios, interviews, etc. are delightful. My family and I enjoy them very much. DIVX isn't capable. I suppose you don't watch previews at the theater? How 'bout popcorn? We are talking about the experience.

4.) Of course there are different assembly lines. An for the same amount of money, you can bet that DVD is a better unit because it has less junk in it. Why do I need a modem & comm software in a machine to play a movie?

5.) You would hae paid too much for the DVD only machine because you did not shop well enough. Unless Circuit City is now subsidising the sales, then DIVIX will alsways cost more than DVD. It has more stuff in it.

6.) There are places on the net where you can rent DVD's for $3. You can also apply the rental to the purchase price ($17.49 usually) if you decide to keep the movie. Cheaper than silver.

7.) To say that you are under no time constraint is TOTALLY FALSE. You only control when you start watching a movie, DIVX controls when you finish. For that matter, they control where you watch.

8.) I don't return movies either, I am building my library. A second viewing costs me nothing.

The bottom line is DIVX is inferior, more expensive, and invasive. It is a big scam to make more money for lawyers and CC.

Hosting Services by ipHouse