The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 27, 2012 at 09:33
starzrrk
Lurking Member
January 2012
I just picked up an old MX-500. I found out that this remote does not do discrete codes. The only way to get it to learn discrete code is to get another remote (Radio Shack or One For All) that does discrete codes and then learn these keys to the MX-500.

My question is, which inexpensive remotes can I use to learn these discrete codes to my MX-500. Lot of people have mentioned the older models from Radio Shack such as 15-1991 and and 15-1194 or the Cinema 6 or 7 All in One. These models are very old and they are hard to find. Does anybody know of any other current models that are inexpensive that does discrete codes. I live in Canada. I bought a One For All 5 (Model #COARC05G) learning remote from the Source, however it does not look like it does discrete codes.

Can someone recommend current models of inexpensive remotes that can do the discrete code, that I can buy in Canada.

I also need the discrete codes for my Samsung LCD TV and my Samsung Home Theater System. Would somebody have these codes that I can use on this remote. I have the following models:

Samsung LN52A850 - LCD TV
Samsung HT-TZ515 - Home Theater System

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse