Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 6, 2011 at 22:17
kpfeif
Lurking Member
November 2006
Hi.

I have a 3311CI as the hub of my downstairs system. It drives the home theater area, as well as 2 seperate zones via its zone 2 and zone 3 pre-outs. Each zone is then powered by power amps.

In one of the zones, I have Russound's SaphIR K2 keypad installed. This is essentially a universal remote in the form of an installed keypad. It's hard-wired to the central system, where a Xantech connecting block routes everything to the IR in of the receiver.

Ok, everything works just great with the keypad EXCEPT for the Power ON/Power OFF. Sources switch, volume works, etc. However, try to turn the zone2 on or off, and nothing. The Zone2 on/off command were "learned" by the K2 programming software (using the Denon remote as the "teaching" for IR learning).

Now, if I take the Denon remote, select "Zone 2", and hit "power", that works. If I try to send that command via the keypad, nothing.

So, since I used the Denon remote to "teach" the keypad which IR commands to send, I would expect the same behavior as the Denon remote can trigger - power on/off working fine. No such luck.

Any ideas?

Kris

Any ideas?

Hosting Services by ipHouse