The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Monday September 19, 2011 at 19:27
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Recently purchased another Polk XRt12 XM Reference Tuner which I'm using in my bedroom/home office. Implemented RS-232 control for the XRt12 for the first time which was fun to do. Unfortunately there are not RS-232 commands for power on/off and channel up/down, so I'm still using IR for those discretes. Gotta say, I'm loving the discrete channel selection via RS-232! I've also implemented a Now Playing page which displays the current channel and song information returned by the XRt12 using the "GetChannelInformation\r" and "GetSongInformation\r" commands. The Now Playing page can be accessed from any page of the activity by pressing the Home hard button or Info button on-screen. An extended button press of either button will invoke the "Display" function to be executed instead. Currently I'm simply displaying the channel and song information just as received from the XRt12 using two panels.

Below is an example of what is returned for the commands, "GetChannelInformation\r" and "GetSongInformation\r".

Command Sent:
GetChannelInformation\r

Data Returned:
GetChannelInformation
Current Channel Number is: 74
Current Channel Name is:
Bluesville
Current Category Name is:
Jazz & Blues

Command Sent:
GetSongInformation\r

Data Returned:
GetSongInformation
Current Channel Artist Name:
B.B. King
Current Channel Song Title:
Take It Home

I've actually sized and set the text alignment for each panel in such a way that the first line of text for each shown above is not displayed on-screen. Works for now and is more than functional. Is pretty sweet to not have to turn on my display device to see the channel and song information. Just need to figure out now how to display the information shown above on my Now Playing page the way I want. Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is display just the channel number, channel name, category name, artist name and song title, each on individual panels. Time permitting I plan on getting my feet wet and seeing what I can figure out.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 12:19.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse