Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday November 27, 1999 at 09:30
Mark Barbieri
Historic Forum Post
I'd be nervous. I bought a Denon 5600 receiver via Ubid. During the 90 day warranty it started experiencing a volume control problem. When the volume is not adjusted for more than 15-20 minutes, the next adjustment causes it to go VERY LOUD.

I took it to a Denon affiliated repair shop. They took 3 months getting the parts. When I got it back, it still had the problem.

Denon then had me send it to them (cost me $90 in postage) to work on it. They kept it for a few months, replaced some more parts, and returned it. It still has the same problem.

Because I didn't buy it from a dealer, no one at Denon seemed to care much about the problem. I finally just solved it by programming my Pronto to tweak the volume up one notch every 10 mintues and down one notch every 10 minutes.

The moral of this story is that refurbed products may or may not have been properly fixed. And because you didn't buy from a dealer, Denon really doesn't know how to deal with you. My advice would be to try to return the product.

Mark Barbieri

Hosting Services by ipHouse