The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday June 16, 2011 at 21:35
HeadRusch
Long Time Member
January 2006
So to jump into this thread here, if you want to program a TSU6000 (which I just got on Ebay) using ProntoEdit you need to either have a computer with a serial port (I have one running windows 98 but I loathe to use it), or I have to buy a $30 dollar USB to Serial adapter and then a $10.00 Pronto to Serial cable.

Not the most elegant solution but this is aging technology.

But here is my followup: What if you just want to wipe the device and load the root default CCF? Right now the one I bought I tried to REVERT.....but it doesn't seem to revert to anything than what is already pre-programmed in the device, I don't get the familiar layout of buttons to choose from. The REVERT function goes through its standard Please Wait... setting....but then it comes back looking...well..like its still custom programmed :(

*EDIT*....this may be a better description: You know the base view you get when you reset a pronto, with all the buttons lined up in two rows for you to begin to choose and program? I don't get any of that. In fact, I cannot add devices. The option to "ADD DEVICE" is always greyed out. All I get is RESTORE Device or COPY EXISTING Device.

I've ordered the $10 serial cable, I'll try installing pronto edit on my aging Win98 box and see if I can download the configuration and correct for it that way. Ah well, I knew I should have looked harder at the add...no wonder it was only $80 and not $120+ like the sellers other offerings (with cables!). Live and Learn.

Last edited by HeadRusch on June 16, 2011 22:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse