The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday June 3, 2011 at 22:52
whynot
Lurking Member
June 2011
Me too, just broke this morning from about 2 feet up onto a wood floor. Didn't seem like a hard fall to me. All broken. I am not as handy as salsaman and logitech doesn't appear to be very helpful.

I had two remotes from them prior. Each of them had a defect on the volume button which started exactly a year after purchase (weird right, both remotes!). Now this, also after a year (it dropped before and didn't break.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd assume they design their remotes to break just about a year after purchase when the warranty is up, so you have to buy a new one. Why repair if you can make more money with a new one, right?

I am about done with these people. Overpriced and not a good customer service. Good idea though.

UPDATE:

It's unbelievable for such a expensive remote. The kicker is that they must think we are all idiots. They offered me a 50% discount in lieu of repairing. I thought wow that's nice of them, until I read the fineprint. The discount is only good for their own website which sells the H900 for $399!! So 50% is about $200 + tax and shipping. That's the same price of a new remote on ebay, amazon on any other site, there is no discount!! Don't be fooled. Be ready to keep buying new remotes for full price every time you break it. How stupid do they think we are? It's completely outrageous.

Try Blueturningleaf on ebay for a possible repair, but LCD screens are hard to come by and Logitech is not helping.

Last edited by whynot on July 17, 2011 09:39.

Hosting Services by ipHouse