Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday January 10, 2000 at 19:30
showbiz
Historic Forum Post
I bought the A120 last month too from 800.com -- it was about $259 -- but included $50 worth of movies from 800.com (movies are competitively priced too)-- so after the movie credits, it costs $209. I chose 3 movies and they arrived with the player. Also, I got free shipping and paid no sales tax... so it was a nice deal.

I am really happy with the A120. Key features include all the output options (good for now and the future) and also the quickplay (it will load up and play a DVD real fast-- other brands take several seconds longer to start). Also, I really enjoy the fast forward options on this player. At double speed, you can hear the audio fast as well. It goes up to 100x fast forward -- which is faster than most (I see 30x on the competitions).

THe first thing I checked was The Matrix.. and it played perfectly... if there ever was a problem with this DVD title it has been fixed. It works great on my A120.

On the down side, it does not have a universal remote. My TV does have a universal remote, but it's pre-set options did not include my panasonic DVD player-- and the other panasonic codes did not do anything either. So, I use 2 remotes.

Also, while it weighs 7lbs, it's shell/case is "beefier" than some of the other units. My parents just bought the low end RCA -- which has less features, but does have a thinner shell/case. By the way, the RCA DVD 5220 Is priced at $149 (not sale price-- but everyday price) at our local Office Depot stores here in southern California. This seems like a great price for your standard DVD player -- Circuit city is advertising the same unit for $249. Also the RCA has a universal remote-- it doesn't have all the outputs, and ffwds at 30x, and does not play audio in any ffw mode... but for the price is a great player.

Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse