The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 26, 2011 at 22:11
golfsferr
Lurking Member
January 2011
I've researched the Harmony 900 and was very disappointed in what I have read regarding the RF capabilities. I have a particular problem. I have Tivo (an older Humax) and my cable box has to communicate with it to change channels of course. I have one TV hooked up in the same room with the Tivo and cable box and I have another TV in another room hooked up to the same Tivo and cable box. I bought one of those RF converter kits for the remote in the other room and that works great. I can change the cable channels and manipulate the Tivo that are in the room with the other TV. But I have to place an emitter over the IR windows and after I do that my cable box and Tivo don't communicate properly when I schedule it to record something. I believe the emitters are blocking the signal either from the Tivo or to the Cable box. Do you have any suggestions or is there a remote that I could use both rooms. I didn't want to have to carry the remote from room to room but if that is what it takes......at any rate I would appreciate anyones help. Thanks in advance. Steve

Hosting Services by ipHouse