Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday January 14, 2011 at 19:18
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
Hey SunnyJim:

A couple of things I'd like to comment about...

WNYO dissappeared from my parent's TV the day they went from 34 to 49, I noticed I lost it on my upstiars TV because it's on a staionary antenna. Hopefully this change, or ANY change results in catching their signal easier.

You would think that here in St. Catharines, it would be eaiser for me to get stations like, WNGS, and WPXJ. I don't get them at all. I'm below the escarpment, but even antennas I've put up on the escarpment, one most recent was in Welland, and I thought for sure they'd get WPXJ and maybe even Erie, but no such luck. According to the chart, WPXJ is at 455kw and WIVB is at 790kw and WUTV is 1000kw. WIVB and WUTV are two of more reliable signals I get.

As for Global... I'm not surprised. Their analog signal at channel 55 is so snowy and weak down my way It's not worth watching--never was, but is Daniel's chart is correct, they want to go from 3kw to 100kw? That would be a great improvement to the south, I'm assuming, but I thought they were allotted channel 48. If Global went off the air across the country tomorrow--I wouldn't miss them.

Thanks for all the great info SunnyJim

Hosting Services by ipHouse