The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday November 20, 2010 at 23:15
buzz
May 2003
danieljgor,

As I read over your request, I am not clear exactly what you want. You mentioned "current sense", but I'm not sure that we are thinking the same thing. To me "current sense" means measuring and reacting to current. If a light bulb is drawing current it is ON. If a TV is drawing current, it is ON. While a light bulb could be bright (lots of current) or dim (little current), as far as an RFX9600's Input is concerned, a unit is either ON or OFF.

The RFX9600 also has relays. A relay can be energized or not -- under program control.

The most important points are that Inputs are read only and relays can be read or set by the program. Inputs respond to an external voltage and relays can be set, reset, and interrogated by the program. It is expected that relays will control an external device.

In your case, I'm not certain that you have any current detecting devices attached to the RFX9600's Inputs. If you do have current detecting devices, you can sense if a zone is ON or OFF and toggle the Foxtel accordingly.

If you are not using the relays to control an external device, each relay can be used as a single bit memory. There no need to connect anything to the relays. Each of your zones could use a relay to track power toggles. Starting with everything OFF, as a zone is turned ON (by any Pronto), its corresponding relay would be set and the Foxtel would be given a power toggle. A following ON command would check the relay and not issue the toggle. As a zone is turned OFF, the corresponding relay would be checked, the Foxtel toggled as necessary, and the relay reset.

Since both controllers can set, reset, and interrogate the relays, the controllers will stay in sync -- even if one or both Pronto's went to sleep for a while. The down side of this approach is that a human could manually toggle the Foxtel and both Pronto's would be out of sync.

Another post describes a method of synthesizing a Foxtel OFF command.

Hosting Services by ipHouse