The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 15, 2010 at 09:51
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
I'm finally working on porting my PEP 1.2.6.0 XCF to PEP 2.4.23.0. It's not until recently that I've had some extra time and motivation to deal with losing link functionality (ProntoTunes, which requires PEP 2.x is one motivator).

I've spent a bit of time looking at old threads to try to get answers to these questions, but I didn't find definitive answers. My questions are:

1. I finally have all my IR codes in the PEP 1.x "My Database". I noticed that if I change an IR code in the PEP 1.x "My Database", the change is not automatically propagated to my PEP 1.x XCF. I believe I have to select the Properties page of a device and click on "Reassign". Since my PEP 1.x uses links, I only have to do the "Reassign" in one device. However, in case there's buttons in other devices that use the "My Database" code directly (instead of links), they won't be reassigned.

Question is: how does this work with PEP 2.x? Does PEP 2.x have some global reassign function, so if I change an IR code in "My Database", all references to that code in the XCF will be updated with minimal manual work?

2. The help of PEP 2.4.23.0 says that it supports "multiple page view". It says to "double click a tab in the WYSIWYG to undock it". I tried double-clicking on a tab, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

3. My RFX9600 uses firmware version 1.1.36. Does the latest RFX9600 firmware (version 1.4.7) care what firmware is used in the TSU9400?

4. Do I need to use PEP 2.x in order to upgrade my TUS9400's firmware to the latest version (version 7.3.3)? The documentation for firmware 7.3.3 says it's "not guaranteed to be compliant with PEP1 software". I'm interested in switching to WPA. Others have posted that they upgraded the firmware but stayed with PEP 1.x (it wasn't clear what firmware they upgraded to). Can I upgrade w/o any problems?

5. Assuming I can upgrade the firmware but stick with PEP 1.x, will WPA start showing up as a choice in the System Properties->Encryption menu? Right now, it only shows options for WEP.

6. I have some pages that use 8 point font. The 8 point font looks just fine in PEP 1.x and in the TSU9400. However, when I port the PEP 1.x XCF to PEP 2.x, the WYSIWYG in PEP 2.x shows 8 point fonts as blocky, and they are difficult to read. Any suggestions on this? FWIW, I'm doing the editing on Windows XP.

7. I see the latest PEP 2.x has a feature that supports macros. Does it provide the same capability of reusing code like PEP 1.x provided via links? Any gotchas or things to watch out for?

8. I believe I read in an old thread that there is no need to port the PEP 1.x My Database to the PEP 2.x My Database. All I need to do is import my PEP 1.x XCF and PEP 2.x will automatically create devices in My Database? (At this point, my PEP 1.x XCF uses My Database).

Thanks,

randman

EDIT: fixed question numbers

Last edited by randman on November 15, 2010 11:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse