Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday November 12, 2010 at 06:20
Guy Palmer
June 2008
On November 12, 2010 at 05:41, Lyndel McGee said...

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for the thanks :)

Do you have anything (script) you might be able to offer derik.lts?

With both of my options and, indeed, with any option, the key issue is to decide precisely what combinations of temp/fan/swing/etc one wants to allow for. One can only allow for a small percentage of the possible IR codes as there are literally billions of possible codes given that each code has to incorporate values for each of the variables (my main Daikin AC remote can send out 22 billion different codes) and prontoscript cannot construct IR codes on the fly. Any scripts and buttons depend on the choices made here.

With my option b., there is no script - just jumps.

With my option a., the scripts are very simple. So, for example each parameter button has a script which sets the label on the button, looping around the allowed options. The 'ok' button then concatenates these labels and executes the IR in the corresponding hidden button, choosing the nearest of the allowed combinations if the exact combination is not allowed. I don't actually have a polished script for this as I ended up doing option b. (higher WAF factor).

A final point is that, as I understand it, the temperature setting on a Daikin AC only affects when the AC turns off (i.e. when the room is at the desired temperature) and not what is happening when the AC is on. This means that the temperature setting is actually not very important, particularly at the time that the AC is turned on. Taking advantage of this, my actual config is three-layed:

1. Just three buttons on the first page, for on-cool, on-heat and off respectively. These all use default values (set by me) for temp/fan/swing/etc and are located on the same (CBus) page that I control my lights/fans/curtains/etc with. So, to the user, AC control just looks like it is part of the same control system as the lights/fans/curtains/etc. Pressing either 'on' button turns the AC on and then, if and only if it is pressed for more than X seconds, jumps to ...

2. A page with all the temperatures (separated by cool/heat) that I have included (i.e. even temperatures only). Pressing any button changes the AC to that temperature and then jumps to ...

3. A page which is used to set all the other variables (allowed values only) where, although the pages look identical to the user, there is actually one per temperature setting (because the IR codes to be sent differ by temperature).

In this scenario, we actually, in practice, almost never go past the first (3-button) page as its defaults are what we want when we turn the AC on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse