Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday November 12, 2010 at 05:36
Guy Palmer
June 2008
On November 12, 2010 at 04:01, deric.lts said...
As I have mentioned, i want it to behave just like an actual aircond remote where it will only increase/decrease by 1 deg for every single press (press&release) and will not further increase/decrease even if you are continue to hold the button.

Lets say the user want to increase the temp from 23deg to 25deg. This means that the user is required to press the TEMP+ button twice (press & release). The problem occurs where there will be an unnecessary delay generated during the 23deg to 24deg (due to IR sending) that forces user to wait b4 the user can press for the second time to increase from 24deg to 25deg. Therefore, this could be avoided if there's a "onReleaseInterval" function where IR will only be sent if the button is release for 5 sec or longer as the user will just press&release in a very fast manner (release & follow by the next press in a very fast manner) to increase to the desired temp (completely release).

The standard Daikin AC remote actually sends a IR code every time the up/down temperature button is pressed. This is also how the module that Philips are developing for Daikin ACs via IR also works.

One of the problems with doing this on the Pronto (unlike the actual remote) is that it begs the question about what fan/mode/swing/etc is also included in the IR code. In my Daikin AC config, I use two approaches:

a. Set all the parameters via buttons and have an 'ok' button which looks at all these buttons and then sends the right IR code combination.

b. Have a page with buttons for each temperature then, when a button is pressed: 1) send auto fan/swing/etc for this temperature and 2) jump to a page where the fan/swing/etc can be changed if desired.

What you seem to be wanting to do is, unlike all three approaches above, both complicated from a technical (i.e. prontoscript) perspective and potentially confusing from a user perspective.

Hosting Services by ipHouse