The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 10, 2010 at 18:00
tengizk
Long Time Member
September 2010
After playing with tsu9300 (which I like lot despite its shortcomings) I am thinking of maybe getting another Pronto panel, this time PS enabled.

I don’t like the form-factor/shape of 9400; 9800 is too big, so it leaves me with 9600 (alternatively, RC9001 which to my taste looks much better – I realize that with the outdated firmware I would miss animation, gestures, active background and a handful of other little things that do not seem to be critical).

However, IMO, tsu9600/rc9001 has a big problem that no firmware/PEP upgrade can fix – no dedicated “Go Back” button. When navigating, say, Windows Media Center interface or “hardware” PVR’s, etc., the “Back” function is among the most commonly used ones and is as important to have as the cursor buttons. I understand that the function could be assigned to one of the available generic hard buttons, or to a touch button. But I don’t like it.

Obviously, since 9600 is very popular, for most it’s okay to have no dedicated “Go back” button. I’m just wondering what you, gentlemen, normally do? Would you share the relevant best practices or any cool tricks?

Last edited by tengizk on November 10, 2010 18:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse