The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday November 10, 2010 at 01:37
BluPhenix
Long Time Member
December 2008
Sorry but i don't see any real problems in those 4 points.

1) 802.11 will always be backward compatible. If you want a n network for your home you can add a g AP to the network just for the pronto. You have WPA which is almost an overkill for the pronto. WPA is here long to stay and I doubt pronto has any room left for a more complicated encription standard

2) there will always be some AP's that will work perfectly. It will only be a matter of finding them. In any case this argument would be "valid" with or without the support from philips

3) I never really cared about IR databases if a component is not there, I take the remote and learn the codes. You can even have dummy codes in the project until you get your hands on the real remote sou you can learn the codes at the end of the implementation

4) Philips is bound to EU laws that state that they have to provide spare parts for at least! 7 years after the end of the production of the device. That's a long way to go.

The problem is that prontoscript makes the pronto pro's very powerful devices, there is very little you can't do and I believe it's quite future proof. We need to see how long will it be when the tablet apps will provide such flexibility.

Hosting Services by ipHouse