Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday November 7, 2010 at 21:27
buzz
May 2003
On November 7, 2010 at 16:57, BluPhenix said...

|
You are on a page with DVD icons, you press a couple of buttons and the remote stars sending those codes. You have a buffer, so all things get done. Then you exit the DVD page, but the buffer still has not finished what it was doing before so it would continue to try to send the data. But by now you're trying to do something different, let's say open the front door ... but your buffer is still trying to operate the DVD. In this case you would need to flush the buffer and insert the open door thing (let's say you do it with a relay) or make an interrupt buffer call to process the door.

I'm globally queuing many commands, particularly power and input selection. I can delay a command execution if necessary. Out of order execution is allowed. (this is a mixed blessing by the way) If one jumps to a different activity, the queue follows and continues to execute. In many cases this gives the feel of a much faster program and observant users of previous programs can be spooked by a command that is emitted some seconds later. While this is a great feature to support those slow TV sets that may require 10 seconds to get their heads on straight before accepting an input command, the user must still take care because during IR transmissions all button presses are acknowledged, but thrown away. scheduleAction() would seem to be a way around this, but the jump out of an activity is held up until the last scheduled IR command is executed.

Currently, I don't have a flush the queue function, but it would be easy to add. The clear function would need to be carefully used, however, because I could lose track of the current state.

Hosting Services by ipHouse