Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday November 7, 2010 at 17:41
tengizk
Long Time Member
September 2010
BluPhenix,

I think this is not entirely accurate. The RFX9600 communication protocol does provide quite efficient buffering as long as the PS/feedback is not used (I am unable to play with 2-way since I only have tsu9300). The transport protocol built on top of UDP allows payloads that contain entire macros consisting of Serial/Relay commands, delay actions and power sense based conditional execution.

As a result if all the steps in the macro target the same device, multi-step macros are compressed by the PEP into one execution request that gets sent to the extender as a single payload message. If there are no retries then regardless of the length of the macro (within reasonable limits, of course) it results in just 3 datagrams (initiating the conversation, request to execute, ending the conversation) sent to the extender and only 4 short datagrams returned from the extender.

I don’t think GC can do delays or conditional execution – it all needs to be done by the controlling application explicitly.

Added:

Correction - actually, the commands don't even need to target the same device - as long as it's the same extender, everything gets nicely packaged, delivered and then executed in one shot. I've just tried a mixture of IR, Serial, Relay, conditional execution with Power Sense and also delays added to a macro and observed the same pattern.

Last edited by tengizk on November 7, 2010 22:11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse